80/20 Rule in Software DevelopmentAugust 23, 2021
WFH: Time to graduate the forced “New Normal” to an embraced “Beginning”September 27, 2021
There are several different types of contracts related to the healthcare sector, and most of them need to meet regulatory compliance. For a healthcare practitioner or care providing company, this can create a tedious and challenging operational nightmare. A good scheduling platform makes handling these contracts easier, more simplified, and more intuitive than ever before.
Patient care experience in the US is commonly not allocated based on patient urgency, but scheduling patient visits rarely is based on any insight. Patient calls mostly drive scheduling, availability of appointments, standard and widely used templates, or any other workarounds to fit in a reference-based patient, insurance status, etc.
Many of these constraints add up to the complexity of an overburdened scheduling process designed primarily to meet the organization’s requirements, staff, and providers. This, in turn, often overshadows the patient’s needs.
In this blog, we will cover in detail the provider angle to contract fulfilment and how it can be made better with Calmanac.
Calmanac: The Ultimate Scheduling Management Solution
Calmanac helps scheduling, care design, and triage practices in any organization, despite the different profiles and structures. It covers organizations including a pediatric hospital, ABA, a safety-net healthcare system, local and national integrated health care systems, an integrated community-owned health system, and a managed care system. Although these organizations differ in size, populations served, and institutional constructs, these themes and the strategies described are applicable to all U.S. health care.
Calmanac pushes the boundaries of a standard scheduling system to create a single source of truth that enables providers to cover and deliver the right capability to the right patient. All this is done while ensuring that all expected parameters set by the payors and providers are being considered. The solution also provides an integrated offering with large medical billing vendors to ensure seamless flow across the board.
Furthermore, Calmanac enables the providers to seamlessly automate and derive superior commercial value from the solution set for their internal and external value proposition. And, here is how you can use Calmanac effectively for better contract fulfilment:
1. Meet the Contract Compliance Requirements
First and foremost, having clearly defined contract requirements give you visibility. But your day-to-day contract fulfillment must also ensure:
- Zero breach of compliance.
- Organizational readiness with documentation in case of audits.
- Highest quality of services provided to your patients.
2. Plan Ahead of Time
The time sensitivity of contract fulfillment also has a huge impact on your RCM and business outcomes. With the following measures, you can decidedly plan ahead of time with Calmanac.
- Think of recurring sessions and long work authorization periods as opportunities rather than a headache. In the ABA space, you get this golden opportunity to commit to your patients over a long time.
- Best of the best have not met 100% fulfilment, so cut yourself a slack. We are talking about patients and mostly children; run time changes are inevitable.
- The best you can do is to form recurring schedules for several weeks; you want your sessions to be as little ad hoc as possible.
- Choose the pattern of recurring sessions custom to your patient’s needs. That leads to lesser cancellations.
- Use the software which tells you trends and predictions.
3. Use Technology to Prompt You
Depend on technology for accuracy, agility and an overall improvement in quality of care.
- Prompting, the frequency, and their gravity; are easily achieved using good scheduling software.
- Make full use of the platform configurations and features to suit your needs.
- Use the reminders provided by the software as guiding rails instead of discrediting them as nuisance.
4. User Alerting Mechanism
To reduce human errors and subsequent need for human intervention for disaster management, use the alerting mechanism of Calmanac to your best advantage.
- It is never too late; you have the scope of providing more hours of services every day. Make most out of your cancelled hours of the day.
- Set the frequency of your alerts as per your business hours and care delivery standards.
- Set mild, moderate, and severe alerts, starting from amber flag to red flag to screaming pop-ups to emails copied to supervisors.
5. Make Best Use of Cancelled Sessions
Maximize resource utilization by proactively planning for scheduling contingencies and gaps.
- Aptly set your cancelation policies for greater business benefit.
- Form a mechanism to consume cancelled hours for any other patient in need immediately.
- Always know the distance between your service locations, mostly home-based services, so that you can wisely do your reallocations
In conclusion, Calmanac is a tailor-made scheduling solution that has the potential of taking your operational output, care quality, and patient experience to the next level. All you need to do is identify your pain areas and use these tips for a seamless solution adoption and results.
For more details and to schedule a demo, please feel free to write to email@example.com